Green Beans and Wax Beans
There’s no substitute for fresh picked green or wax beans. Another fun summer treat!
Storage and Handling:
Store green beans and/or wax beans in your refrigerator crisper drawer for up to a week in a loosely closed plastic bag.
Use beans within 3 to 5 days for best flavor and crispness.
Green and Wax Beans are fun to eat with dip, add to salads or simply sautéed for a fresh and crisp side dish. They can also be roasted, steamed, boiled and are a great addition to soups.
Green and Wax Beans freeze really well for a nice treat in the deep of winter.
- Rinse your beans and trim the ends.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Fill the pot with beans; make sure all the beans are covered by water.
- Blanch in boiling water for about 1 minute and then immediately transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking and cool the beans.
- Once the beans are cool, allow them to drain any excess water. Fill freezer bags with your beans; remove as much air as possible, seal and store in your freezer for up to a year.